The USDA-ARS in Corvallis, Oregon is hiring a research geneticist for the blueberry research and genetics program. Duties include:
- Acquire and evaluate new blueberry germplasm, and incorporate and develop the germplasm into cultivars for the commercial industry.
- Develop blueberry cultivars with increased yield and fruit quality requiring reduced production and consumer costs.
- Generate and apply breeding methods to bridge the gap between genetic markers and applied plant breeding, such as high throughput phenotyping for small fruits, genome sequencing, mapping populations, and statistical analysis of complex inheritance.
- Collaborate with other ARS, university, and private sector scientists including breeders, geneticists, horticulturists, plant physiologists, plant pathologists, and food scientists to build a multi-disciplinary team necessary for this research.
- Analyze, interpret, and disseminate research findings in the form of reports, presentations, and publications in scientific journals